Thursday 14 July 2011

Wife's Prayer of Commitment

Father, I ask You to forgive me for allowing the generation in which I live to change the way you want me to view the most special person in my life. I know You brought my husband into my life to be everything to me that Jesus is to the church - and for this gift, I thank You.

In the name of Jesus, I ask that You change me. Cause me to be swift to hear and slow to speak. I pray that I would speak with words of wisdom and that kindness would be the rule as I speak. Show mw how to be softhearted, to give soft answers, and in every way possible, to be a blessing to my husband. Teach me how to please, rather than to always expect to be pleased. Help me to look out for his interests and not just for my own. I thank You that Your love controls me. Give me a teachable, pliable heart that willingly submits and adapts to the Godly leadership of my husband. Help me to support him in every way possible, and to be his most valuable asset. My desire is to do him good everyday of my life.

I ask, Lord, that I grow in my fear and reverence for You. As I do, I pray that I reverence, respect, regard, notice, venerate, honor, defer to, esteem, praise, love and admire my husband exceedingly. I know thar my relationship with my husband is a reflection of my relationship with You.

I make a quality decision, right now, to never take this divine call lightly. I roll the whole of my care regarding my marriage on You. Make me everything You called me to be, Lord. I thank You for working Your perfect will in both my spouse and me.

In Jesus' name.
Amen.

(Source: The Treasure You Were Meant to Be, by DR. Robb D. Thompson)
Sent from BlackBerry® on 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricky and Joan

Daisypath Anniversary tickers